07 Sep How to Boost your Freelance Business: 3 SEO tips
3 SEO Tips to Boost your Freelance Business
Freelancing or taking on side projects is becoming increasingly popular. Here are 10 SEO tips boost your freelance business’ digital presence, credibility and lead generation before building a website.
Think about keywords
In order to actively attract traffic from the preferred target audience, especially if you are in a competitive field then keywords are a big deal. Many freelancers make the mistake of trying to appeal to everyone by being generalizing skills and services. Clients need to see your services as valuable and special. Zone in on a scarce set of skills and develop keywords, phrases and content themes that will ensure your website receives attention by a potential client. Think about 5-8 keywords or phrases that your services revolve around.
Use Google services
- Google Analytics, which is fairly easy and free to use, is used to track and monitor important audience metrics and behavior like how many visitors your website gets, how they found your website, and which pages they visit.
- Google Search Console is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor and maintain your site’s presence in Google Search results. You don’t have to sign up for Search Console for your site to be included in Google’s search results, but doing so can help you understand how Google views your site and optimize its performance in search results. ( Definition taken from Google Support)
- If you are trying to reach customers around a specific location then getting your business listed on Google My Business and other popular business directories is important. Essentially a business listing, Google My Business, allows customers to get information about your business operating hours, contact details, directions, customer reviews. Additionally, it can drive traffic to your website.
Have a content plan
A huge part of getting good search rankings depends on creating valuable and original website content. As a freelancer, a blog is a great vehicle to provide content related your industry, offer your expert opinion & analysis and share your experiences as a solo entrepreneur etc.
Some blog content ideas can include
- Latest Industry News: Recent industry events you attended with a sneak peek into how the changes affect the industry and clients
- Current Events: Insights, reviews, thoughts or even a simple takeaway points from a conference
- Experiences and insights gained from being a freelancer entrepreneur, a product developer, working in the industry,
- Alerts: Something happening in the local industry that affects local business and your clients