05 Jun SEO Audit
An SEO Audit is a health check for your website. It looks at the technical infrastructure of your website, the on-page elements and off-page essentials to optimise Search Engine visibility, usability and conversion.
An SEO Audit is the analysis of your website based on factors that are important to the search engines in terms of organic search results. It dives into the technical infrastructure, on-page and off-page elements in order to determine issues, opportunities, and recommended fixes.
A properly done SEO audit should give you a better insight into your website, individual pages and overall traffic. It is a great way to improve performance allowing you to rank better in the SERPs.
According to gotchseo.com, an audit should be performed:
- At the beginning of a new project
- At the beginning of a new quarter
Before anything else, you need to create a viable strategy that will help you establish your goals.
There are numerous things that can be improved with an audit. You can gain insight into your competition, you can analyse your keywords, you can improve technical aspects of the website etc. Nevertheless, when people contact an SEO expert they only wish to know one thing…
How to improve rankings?
This is a bad way of putting things given that an SEO audit is a complex procedure. It is meant to analyse multiple aspects of your business and based on them, help you understand what is good and where you can improve.
That being said, an SEO auditor needs to perform:
- Technical analysis
- On-Page analysis
- Off-Page analysis
- Competitive analysis and keyword research
SEO auditing is a crucial process for your website.
People who wish to make a blogging career usually believe that popularity and good writing skills are enough for a success. This is not true as there are other factors involved.
With an SEO audit, you can discover what is wrong and what you need to improve. With it, you can make your website better and more visible to Google leading to more traffic and conversion.
66% of South African customers will research businesses and products online before choosing to make an offline purchase, and 40% of them will use search engines as their primary source of information. *
Want your business to be as visible as possible in search engine results pages?
This highly practical short course in search engine optimisation teaches you the skills and confidence to implement your own SEO tactics and strategies.
What will set you apart?
This SEO course gives you the opportunity to:
- Start or advance a career in search engine optimisation by understanding the fundamental principles and practical skills you need to get going
- Drive more traffic to your website and impact your business’s presence online by assisting with creating SEO-optimised content
- Practice the skills you learn throughout the course on a live eCommerce WordPress website
On our SEO courses you’ll learn to optimise your website in the best way to satisfy users, rank highly on search engines and increase your traffic. Our expert trainers have years of experience creating search engine friendly sites and will teach you the actionable skills you need.
Our standard course provides an excellent introduction to SEO, covering all of the basic knowledge and fundamental techniques needed to run a search campaign.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Understand how search engines work including key Google ranking factors
- Undertake keyword research and analyse competitor websites
- Understand the fundamentals of onsite SEO and best practice for optimising page content
- Recognise the importance of link building and off-site optimisation for SEO
- Use key SEO tools including Google Search Console
Why should I take this course?
This course has been designed for professionals looking to gain an understanding of SEO basics and Google best practice. Perhaps you’re starting a new role in digital or content marketing or need to have SEO knowledge as a secondary part of your job.