09 Jul Google Search Engine Optimization
Google Search Engine Optimization
What is SEO?
SEO refers to search engine optimization, or the process of optimizing a website to make it easy to find via search engines like Google.
So how do you optimize your site content for Google SEO? Fast Forward Marketing leads the way!
Google SEO Basics: Keyword Research
Ideally, it’s best to do your keyword research before you start writing content. This lets you know which keywords to focus on in your content. It’s best to use a mixture of broad and long-tail keywords.
Google SEO: On-Page Optimization
After you complete your Google SEO keyword research and have a list of Google SEO keywords you want to target, it’s time to write! Your SEO keywords need to appear in your content – just don’t overdo it or your content will look spammy.
Place your most valuable keywords in:
- Body of the text. No brainer, right? Remember not to just use the same keywords over and over again. Add in modifiers (ex. “best”, “top”) and long-tails.
- Title. Having the keyword in your title will improve your CTR from the SERP. (See our title tag guide for more help with writing SEO-friendly titles.)
- Subheads. Subheadings/H2 headings are valuable spots for Google SEO keywords.
Your work is not over yet! Don’t forget to add Google SEO keywords into the:
- Meta title: The Meta title appears in search engine results. Use some solid keyword here.
- Meta description: This description appears below your link in Google. Write an engaging Meta description that includes relevant keywords to boost your click-through rate.
- Image file names/ALT attributes: First, include pictures in your Google SEO content! Pictures are attractive and appealing for readers, and Google also likes them. Use the keyword in the file names (e.g., how-to-catch-fish.jpg). Also use the ALT attribute to tell search engines and users what the picture is with a keyword.
- Anchor text: Link to your new page from several other pages on your site, using your keyword as the anchor text. This makes it easy for Google crawlers to find and rank your page.